Gold Cube

unanimated

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Brother Nick

I was named after both of my grandfathers.  My mother's dad is Nicholas Peter Pettersson.  My father's dad is Joseph Augustus Curtis.  Nicholas was born in England though is of Swedish roots.  Nicholas is also a convert to the LDS Church.  Joseph was never baptised into the LDS Church even though he has a rich legacy of pioneers within the church.  There will be many more stories about them later. 

Nicholas served in many bishoprics as a clerk in the Price 4th Ward.  I remember him as the financial clerk.  He always stayed after church to count the donations.  He was frequently or always affectionately referred to as Brother Nick.  After a few callings in the Riverside 1st Ward in Salt Lake City I was called as financial clerk.  I have had this calling for well over 10 years.  I believe 1997 is the year I was called.  One day the bshop that called me as the financial clerk called me Brother Nick.  I was somewhat taken aback.  I didn't know what to think.  It was like, does he know something more than he is letting on because he said it with a certain kind of emphasis.  I have been called Brother Nick a few times since so I guess I am Brother Nick II.

No comments:

Post a Comment