Gold Cube

unanimated

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pioneer Grandfathers

My grandfathers were very different in their background.  Both left a somewhat significant impact in their lives.  Nicholas by being Carbon County Treasurer and active in the LDS Church.  Dode and Joe by being a certain kind of pioneer and the way they lived off the land.   Nicholas was a pioneer in his own right as far as the LDS Church goes.  He has many descendants serving in the LDS Church.  The Curtis family has a rich legacy in the LDS Church but it was basically discarded.  The LDS Church means a lot to me and I am glad for the rich heritage and pioneers on both sides of my family.  Surnames from the paternal side of my family like Dibble, Allred, Whitlock, Buchanan, Curtis and Daley that figured in the early history of the LDS Church.  Surnames from the maternal side of my family like Livsey, Pettersson and Pilkington.  I have to tell the Pilkington story.  I will, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment