Gold Cube

unanimated

Saturday, January 7, 2012

So I went to Tyler's birthday party today at ChuckECheese.

One of the first things that I noticed was a big dude with a Boston Red Sox t-shirt on.  He also had a Boston Red Sox baseball cap on.  So I figured he loved the Red Sox.  Later I noticed that the balloon with the children's name on for his son said Boston.  It didn't take me long to figure that he had named his son Boston.  So I wanted to ask him about it.  First I mentioned it to Sam and asked Sam to ask him.  Sam politely refused.  So I eventually asked the man about it.  He said that when the Red Sox were down in 2007 he said to his wife that if they come back and win the World Series they would name their son Boston.  They ended up sweeping the Rockies in four so they went ahead and named their son Boston.  This was his fourth birthday.  I told him I thought that was great but I think he felt a little sheepish about explaining it to a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment