Gold Cube

unanimated

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Once my granddaughter gets something in her head its hard to change it.

Sierra has a few oddities in her mind that are there now and difficult to change.  I have mentioned a few in my blog posts.  She thinks up is down.  She calls her mother money.  Sierra calls milk, water, orange juice, apple juice and chocolate milk the same thing.  She calls them all milk.  So, when she asks for milk you have to either figure out what she wants or just give her whatever you have.  Usually I have a pretty good ideas of what she wants.  Lately since she has discovered chocolate milk that is what she wants.  Its way up in the cupboard so she will point and say "I want that."  I'm usually fixing it anyway for me so I share with her.  We are working with her to differentiate between milk, water and juice.  No telling how long it will take.  I'm sure many people have taken some of these ideas learned as a child into adulthood.  We want to minimize that as much as possible.  She is still the sweet, kind, adorable and happy Sierra.

No comments:

Post a Comment