Gold Cube

unanimated

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Things My Dad Never Told Me About Woodside

In the last few years I have learned some things about Woodside I would never have dreamed.  These are things that I had no clue of when I was a young man spending my summers down there.  These new things I have learned I have tried to share on my other blog.  http://www.wasatchphotos.blogspot.com/  But I will also try to give some explanation here. 

My dad never told me about all the rock "statues" located near Woodside.  He didn't tell me there was a bear, another bear, a penguin, kings, a mummy, a two legged snake, a duck, statues of men, profiles of people or faces in the rocks.  There are many things that I believe are of significant Archaeological value.  In fact I once told the Utah State Archaeologist that I believe this is greater than Range Creek.  I am still trying to get a handle on what culture or people it may have been that left or modified all these rock formations.  They are no accident of nature.  They are man made.  They may have eroded some since they were modified but I do believe they were modified at one time somehow.  In fact I believe they were experts at how they did these "statues." 

I've also seen what looks like a platypus, snail or elephant, numbers, letters and many things that I can't tell what they are but I can tell that they are not natural.  There are tons of these statues.  (Pun)  I have probably only seen a scratch on the surface.  (Pun)  These rock formations are all over Utah and also in other states in the west as well.  States like New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and Wyoming that I know of. 

There is one place where there are four big rocks that seem to have been put in place on purpose.  They don't seem to be there naturally.  Again, I am still trying to get a handle on what they mean.  It seems I do recall my dad at one time pointing these rocks out and making some comment about them or wondering what they mean.  I do believe there is some kind of European influence here.

No comments:

Post a Comment