Gold Cube

unanimated

Monday, February 27, 2012

Summerville Mining District Video

This video was put out by Emery County.  This mining district is in an area where I went often with my dad and I have a lot of memories here.  It is a big part of me.  I have been into prospecting, gem hunting now and treasure hunting.  I am apparently a fourth generation prospector.  There may not be a fifth.  I still have hope of being very successful with the gem hunting.  It may be the easiest with the biggest pay.  The Curtis Formation which is part of the San Rafael Group, I believe was named after Joe Curtis who is my great grandfather and one of the first settlers of Woodside.  My big clue was that there was an individual named Summerville, from Moab, who was also one of the first settlers of Woodside.  The Summerville Formation is just above the Curtis Formation. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUoe1_DnrsI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment