Gold Cube

unanimated

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The school actually did burn down at Woodside.

My dad used to say that they had to burn down the school to get him out of the eighth grade.  Of course he liked to tease a lot so I didn't know what he meant by that.  Years later in my reading and research I ran across some information that there was indeed a school that burned down at Woodside.  It burned down at one location and they rebuilt it in another location.  One location was on the south end of Marsh Flat and the other location was I believe north of Scott Miller's store a little ways.  I reached the conclusion that the fire happened when my dad was in the eighth grade so he just says that it burned down as one way to get him past the eighth grade.  Actually I don't think he went past the eighth grade.  He herded sheep for about eight years when he got married, moved to Nevada and started working in the mines.

No comments:

Post a Comment