Gold Cube

unanimated

Friday, January 20, 2017

Garrison Flag was a great-grandson of Man o' War.


Garrison Flag
I ran across some pictures of horses. This one, the black and white picture, looks impressive. I wonder if it is the horse called Garrison Flag that my dad owned. Garrison Flag was a great-grandson of Man o' War.   

I asked my brother about Garrison Flag. He said that Garrison Flag's dad was Flag Pole. Flag Pole's dad was American Flag. American Flag's dad was Man o' War. Garrison Flag was purebred and thoroughbred.  Apparently there are papers for Garrison Flag but we don't know who has them.  

Man o' War did sire a Triple Crown winner. War Admiral won the Triple Crown in 1937. Man o' War also sired Hard Tack who sired Seabiscuit. Seabiscuit was the horse of the year in 1938. Now I've got to see the movie. War Admiral was the horse of the year in 1937. Man o' War is considered one of the greatest Thoroughbred race horses of all time. His only loss came when all the other horses got a head start. He still almost won that race. He ended up winning 21 of 22 races and a total purse of $249,465. Man o' War was foaled March 29, 1917 in Lexington, Kentucky.

My brother did confirm that this s a picture of Garrison Flag.









No comments:

Post a Comment