Gold Cube

unanimated

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Chili Billy


On October 11, 1014 I attended the graveside services for my brother Bill.  In talking to those in attendance I learned a bit about Bill. One fellow from his union, Dan Thompson, that knew him and was a good friend
told me and my family that they used to call him Chili Billy.  I like the Chili Billi spelling.  Bill got into cooking chili went he went out to California and lived with his sister and her husband for a while.  Bill loved to cook as did Karen and Tony who still attend chili cook offs and make chili or salsa.  I believe they have won awards for both.  Bill had a chili cook off at the park in Price, Utah one time.  Tony said it was 1999.  I know it was when Marvin was still alive because he was there.

I just wanted to share this experience.  I was very amused by the term "Chili Billi".  Creative and so much fun. Thanks to Bill's close friend Brian for all he has done for Bill. It was a lot.



Chili Billi and his oldest daughter Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment