Gold Cube

unanimated

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Magpie Invasion


This is about an invasion of magpies on my street.  There was about 8 of them.  I got a couple  of them in one picture being stalked by an old black and white cat named Oreo.  I got five of them in the second picture.  But I missed a really good video.  In the second picture there is a chain link fence and a wooden fence.  Shortly after I took this picture there was another cat came from inside the chain link fence area.  I was waiting for the magpies to get closer to Oreo for a chance at a video.  The second cat appeared near 3-5 magpies.  Before I could analyze the situation and decide what to do it lunged through the opening of the two fences at the covey of magpies.  The cat didn't capture any but it gave them a good scare.  They were very excited.  Or was it angry.  They stayed a few minutes, left and haven't been back.   The invasion was over. 











No comments:

Post a Comment