Gold Cube

unanimated

Monday, May 27, 2013

Logic of Woodside.


The logic of Woodside to me is about my dad's choice of location for property to farm.  Starting about 2005 I looked at real estate and  vacant land all over Utah.  I could not find a place as good for farming as the location my dad selected at Woodside.  It has a nice pumping point, an irrigation ditch in place, a garden spot that at one time was cleared and is pretty level.  There is also water right for over 7 acres.  That is hard to come by.  There is a family that has over 700 acres at Woodside.  They have been trying for years to sell this for over $5,000 an acre.  Much of it is only worth $50 an acre if that because it is just tamarisk and is in the flood plain which gets flooded 2-3 times a year.  Once in a while these floods are humongous.  That is why all the farmers left Woodside.  Their crops kept getting flooded.  That is one thing that is so good about my dad's property.  No tamarisk to speak of and the garden is well away from the flood plain.  That's logical to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment