Gold Cube

unanimated

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Greasewood - From trash to treasure.




Greasewood is about all that is growing in our garden spot at Woodside.  I thought greasewood was worthless until I did some internet research and found out how valuable it could be.  Also called chaparral or creosote.  The creosote is supposed to have a good aroma after a rainstorm.  Chaparral, which I believe is the leaves, makes a good tea.  Greasewood has been studied as an anti-cancer plant.  Apparently the results have been mixed.  Some tumors shrinking and some tumors getting bigger.  The tea made from the leaves is supposed to help a lot of ailments. 





Through my recent internet research I found that greasewood and chaparral are the same.  Chaparral being the leaf of the plant.  It is also called creosote.  I did not know that creosote or chaparral were the same as greasewood.  Somehow it makes greasewood more valuable.  I think entirely different about it.  Chaparral rolls off the tongue better.  It sounds better.  I believe there is a romance associated with chaparral.  Creosote also rolls off the tongue better and sounds better and even more romantic.  It sounds more appealing.  It sounds more friendly.




Greasewood has gone from trash to a prize to me.  I look forward to breathing the air associated with the greasewood especially after a rain.  It will, I'm sure, even make my stay at Woodside more bearable and enjoyable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment