Gold Cube

unanimated

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Nutrition Debate. Against all odds. Faith in Farming.


I want to do some farming at Woodside but I have met with some resistance from some family members.  That is the purpose of this post. 

My father had a problem with alcohol abuse.  I remember him one time saying that soda pop was not good either.  It sure relieved my thirst on a hot day though.  I was content with cold water though in 100 degree dry weather. 

I have also met with some resistance in farming from USU extension agents in Carbon and Emery Counties.  They don't think I can farm productively at Woodside.  Though they did show some interest.  I think I can.  I have done the research and have selected berries which I believe will thrive in that soil.  I do intend to do a soil test.  I am not sure about a test of the water.  I trust the water.  A water test was suggested by one of the USU extension agents. 

If this farming works I expect to do pretty good selling the crops.  I have the faith that I can do it if my health holds up.  I may need some help as well.  I know I am fighting some elements including wildlife.  Wildlife may be my biggest obstacle.  I am trying to figure out ways around that as well. 

1.  Plant some berries out side the garden area. 
2.  Fence off the garden area. 
3.  Grow a crop to begin with that may not be attractive to wildlife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment