Gold Cube

unanimated

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hay! Alfalfa

I have been posting about Joe Curtis being a ranch hand in Range Creek and showing a better way to get rid of greasewoods with a team of horses to clear land for growing alfalfa.  Hay or alfalfa is important to a farmer or rancher.  It's important if you grow alfalfa and it's important if you use alfalfa to feed livestock.  We most always had hay at the ranch at Woodside.  Even I loaded hay on a pickup to haul to Woodside to feed horses.  My uncle Russel didn't grow alfalfa but he had a hay baler that he had bought I guess at a good price.  He would supplement his income by baling hay for others who raised alfalfa but did not have a baler.  I'm not sure whether he had a rake for hay or not but I'm sure he had a baler.  So alfalfa figures in the lives of many of the descendant's of Joseph the 1st or Joseph B. Curtis who we know as Joseph Augustus Curtis, Sr.  I guess we could say here, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree". 
Nicholas Curtis
Joseph the 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment